Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Forest Elf Drawing

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Canadians! I hope you've all stuffed your faces with lots of turkey and pumpkin pie. 

Last night I got a random idea to paint a matte board (below) with ivy vines. I thought it turned out pretty neat, so I started to sketch a matching miniature painting to put inside. It's a little side project, and will hopefully be the new beginning of an art shop for me. {and I think I'm procrastinating with my big upcoming painting for day of the dead}

Ivy vines hand painted matte board

Forest Elf Drawing
The sketch is almost fully inked, and once that's done, she'll be painted! The painting technique will be a bit different than my usual style, since I'm using my small sketchbook watercolour paper which is very textured (and unpredictable), instead of my usual hotpress (smooth) paper, that I find easier to control. 

Once it's all done, if it looks up to snuff, I'll put it in my art shop

1 comment:

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...