Friday, February 22, 2013

Art Updates, Shopping, and a Video!

I've been busily working away on my 'Secret' themed paintings. The next one should be finished very soon, and I am SO excited for you guys to see her. I also made a little video preview of my artwork in progress that you can find at the bottom of this post.

Lately I've been experimenting with painting on Creative Paper Clay. I roll a hunk of it into a ball, then flatten it out into a coin shape, let it dry a bit, and paint directly on it with watercolours. I think acrylics would look better though, as the watercolours seem to just soak into the clay and lose their pigment. I then applied a layer of matte medium to seal the painting, and added sparkles for some extra pizzazz. Once that was dry, I glued on a pin back, and now she's ready to wear!

I've also purchased a lot of neat things over the past few months (either online, through thriftstores, and via craigslist) and have some posts planned to share those shopping hauls. :) But to start us off, here are two things I recently got in the mail:

1. Fabric tapes - for decorating the gift boxes and envelopes that get sent to my lovely customers.


2. Krylon Metal Leafing Pens (in 18kt Gold, Silver, and Copper)
(I can't wait to use these in my artwork, and jewelry!)
I plan on doing a video review of the Krylon pens, so look forward to that! :)


I experimented with the metal leafing pens, and drew on some black Onyx pendants. I really love the effect! What do you think?


And last but not least, my foxxy purse! I kind of want to get the light brown, and light pink ones too.


Lastly, here's the art preview video!


Hope you're all having a fabulous Friday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I still need to watch that youtube video, watched a couple last night, really like your voice! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your little glitter pin... very cute.

    I also love silver and gold markers, pens, paints. I like how you drew on the random lines.

    I am healing... it will take a while. I feel a little dependent and trapped at the moment. I can't get out on my own... which is really hard for me to deal with as I am pretty independent otherwise.

    Soon I will be healed and back to myself... I just have to keep on relaxing until I get there:)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...