Monday, April 15, 2013

Artwork in progress update




It seems like lately I'm working on lots of paintings at once, at different stages. Before I start anything new, I'm going to finish up 'Secret Diary'. There's not much left to do on this one, other than to colour in the smaller details, add some more to the dik-diks (the cute animals), and darken the background more. 


This drawing below, of 'Téa' has been really popular since I posted it on my various online haunts. It's really encouraging, because it was just a doodle, and people seem to really like it. I'd love to do some larger graphite as well as pencil crayon pieces in the future. But the larger scale art seems to overwhelm me haha! I guess I just have to do some more of it so I can get used to it. 


I was really diggin' this piece below. Well, until my cat knocked over a glass of water on it... now it's all messed up at the bottom of the page. Not sure if I'm gonna finish it now. 


My experiments with oil paints continues! I have such a long way to go when it comes to learning how to paint with oils. Some of my smaller works have turned out well, but this larger one... well you can see for yourself that it needs some vast improvements. But that's part of the excitement of learning a new media. 


In general arty news, Lindsay Cheesewright and I are in the process of creating an art collective, which is really exciting and uber time consuming. We have high hopes for our group and can't wait to see what the future brings!

Hope you're all having a good Monday morning! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Sasha... you are so creative... I love to see all your new art work.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...