Saturday, August 3, 2013

Celestia

Sometimes I like to paint something little, like this piece, before I get started on a bigger, more complex painting. It helps to get the nerves out, and feel freer and more comfortable about getting started on the next painting. 

I used watercolours and sepia ink on bristol paper. The colours don't really blend as smoothly as they would on hot press paper, but that wasn't what I was going for anyway. I like the contrasting colours in this little portrait. I like the.. raw feeling. 

Anyway, just thought I'd share 'Celestia' with you. Hope you like her! 

*she's also for sale in my shop*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...