Thursday, May 24, 2012

Into the Woods, pt. 2

The grand finale!

I really loved this one part of  the pond. The sun was setting, and it cast a natural lens flare effect over the landscape, and I loved how magical it looked, that I took several photos of the same scene.

For those of you wondering about my photos, I use photoshop to "correct" and "enhance" the colours. Usually, I aim to make the colours more real to what I saw that day, because sometimes my photos are underexposed (too white) or overexposed (too dark). I use the manual setting on my camera (what can I say, I'm a control freak haha), and sometimes it doesn't turn out how I wanted it too. Luckily photoshop is there to save the day!

Here are three examples of me changing up the colours in photos, and the different tones you can achieve.


Lots of yellow, a little cyan

A bit more cyan than yellow


TONNES of cyan, very little yellow (and my favourite)

Interesting, eh? I love messing around with colour. It gives my photos so much more life!

Below is an example of a before, and after photo.



This is a larger version of the one on the right
Would anyone be interested in a little tutorial/guide of how I play with the photos in photoshop or gimp? It's very simple, but adds so much more to photos.

I'd love to use some of your own pictures to edit and post how I changed them. If you're interested in sending me some, let me know. :)

Hope you're having a great Thursday! Hurrah! Tomorrows Friday! (the beginning of more sleepless nights for me lol).

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos, you always enhance them beautifully. I wish I was more technically inclined. Who knows... I still may learn how to do that one day;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! If you would ever like any tips let me know! :)

      Delete
  2. I will take you up on it once I am through this CPA course... :)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...