The whole experience was new and challenging, and I have to say, the results came out WAY better than I ever expected. I was thrilled when I saw that the photos weren't over exposed/under exposed to the point of being just blank white or black.
As I mentioned, I found my Diana camera in a thrift store a month or so ago, and I wasn't even sure if it would work, but for five bucks, I couldn't pass it up. It didn't have a lens, or a shutter hold/release thingy, and the winding nob had broken off; but with a little ingenuity, I made it work.
I was using the pin hole setting on the camera but really had no clue how long to hold the shutter open, and I wasn't using a tripod, so I went into it knowing the pictures would be unpredictable & blurry. I didn't
even know if any of the photos would turn out at all. In fact, I felt kind of silly going around winding and clicking, without being able to see some feedback in an lcd screen.
|Pretty light leaks|
|Tabitha an Me|
|I think the aged trailer homes really suit film.|
|Tabitha shooting with my Nikon d60|
My next purchase will surely be some higher ISO film so that I can take photos when the weather gets dark, cloudy, and gray (which is most of the year in Vancouver). I'd also like to buy a lens and flash for the camera, and see if the exposures are any less blurry.
|An unexpected double exposure|
|Random, but pretty.|
Sadly none of my fisheye photos turned out. I think I somehow loaded the film wrong, or maybe it was defective. It's kind of funny, since I was sure the fisheye ones would turn out because it wasn't broken and had all of its components, but it was the diana photos, taken with a broken camera, that ended up turning out.
Hope you enjoyed the photos! I'm already starting on my next roll, so hopefully I'll have photos to share soon!