Thursday, December 27, 2012

ACEO Art Cards

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

I hope those that celebrate had a lovely day, ate lots of yummy food, and spent some quality time with loved ones. :)

This month, I took a break from large illustrations, and decided to make a few aceos (art cards), and experiment with new ideas and techniques. 

The first two girls are very Victorian inspired. After reading Jane Austen's brilliant novels, I quickly became obsessed with the era. Lizzy Bennet is my favourite of her protagonists. I'm also a big fan of the BBC interpretations of her work.

The third one, Sisters, was a continuation of a similar nature theme I've been working on. I love the idea of the feminine form connected with nature. 

The fourth one, Coral, was an attempt at recreating this idea I had, about wearing a piece of coral as a shall... or how a person wears furs. I love the texture of coral.. the sculptural aspect, the porous holes and things... very neat stuff. The coral part didn't turn out how I imagined it, so I would like to try recreating this theme again, at a larger scale.

Flora is beautiful to me. I love decorative, ornate, demask, baroque, style patterns, especially ones with nature themes. 

The last one is a sweet little Faun playing her pan flute. 

The originals are for sale, at $40 each. :)



  1. Emmelline
  2. Lizzy Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
  3. Sisters
  4. Coral
  5. Flora
  6. Faun
Here are some close ups:









Happy Holidays Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sasha you are so talented, keep following your passions :)

    I hope you are enjoying your holidays:)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...