My experiments with oil paints continues!
Christina suggested I paint a large, frontal portrait, so that is what I did!
I've gone for a very painterly approach here, which is a departure from my line-dependent simplistic colouring style I use with watercolours & markers on paper.
So I gave the painting some time to dry a bit, and looking at it now, I'm not very satisfied with the skin tone. I definitely want something a bit more pale, glowy, and ethereal.
I decided to paint over it all, and give it another try.
That's the funny thing with art. Sometimes/oftentimes you have to wipe the canvas clean and start again, if you're not satisfied.
Here's what she looks like now:
Once the white paint dries, I'm going to do a second and possibly third layer of white/creme, just to make sure that you can't see the under painting.
Wish me luck! :)