Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The White Lady

Hello lovelies!

I completed this piece last month for the Femme Thou Art Collective auction. This month's theme was 'The White Lady'. 

Ever since I heard a friend's story about the White Lady, the myth of this mysterious being has been in my mind. According to my friend, the White Lady appears on the death bed of her family members, letting them know that their time to pass on is coming shortly. Many members of her family have seen her... a ghostly woman, glowing, and dressed in white. 

My friend and her family are Norwegian, and so to me, I think of this being as a matron spirit who watches over her Norse descendants. 

With this inspiration in mind, this is the piece I came up with (below). 


She has a crooked nose, because I adore imperfection. Her eyes are slanted like my friend's. The colour scheme is simple and icy, giving a sense of ghostliness. She's wearing Victorian styled clothing, perhaps hinting at the time she lived in. 

I hope you like this piece! :) The photos below were taken on instagram (@sashafitzgerald) to journal my progress on this piece. 


Well that's it for today. I'm super stoked for this months theme 'Steampunk', can't wait to see what I and the other femme's come up with! ;)


1 comment:

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...