Thursday, September 21, 2017

Art Journaling and Upcoming Plans!

Well well well! It has been a while since my last post!

Over the past year I've been creating lots of art and arty videos featuring my lovely ladies. I've been feeling especially inspired to paint witchy girls. There's something so intriguing about magical girls, their pointy hats, familiars, style etc.. I want to paint it all!

Art by Sasha Fitzgerald

I've also discovered the world of art journaling. I love that it can be anything you want it to be - mixed media, collage, watercolour, ink, acrylic, gold foiling, photographs... I love the versatility and freedom of it all. It reminds me of childhood, where you're exploring different art supplies, and creating without any pressure whatsoever.

I've been binge watching several youtubers who all have different styles and approaches to art journaling. My favourites so far are Jane Davenport, Ali Brown, Little Raven Ink, James Burke, and Life of Mezz. After watching their videos I'm sure you'd feel inspired to start journaling too!

Jane Davenport goodies: Journal, Mermaid Markers, Papers
I took an art journaling class a little while ago, and while it wasn't what I was expecting, it was a fun experience. The teacher was very fond of meditations before we began arting and she talked about self discovery and was very encouraging about our work. She also brought heaps of supplies to create with! There were paints, crayons, magazines, glitter pens, markers...! It was a crafty person's dream! In the end, I'm really glad I took the classes and met some creative folks.

After delving into the world of art journaling through youtube and that little class I took, I've decided it's time to take the plunge (well soonish anyhow), and start doing art journaling on the regular. I'd like to actually bring it to my youtube channel and start making journal with me videos etc.. too.

I have a few things planned that I'd like to get done before I start on this art journaling adventure. I have Inktober 2017, which I'll write about in detail in my next blog post, and then I have a Halloween auction with Copycat Violence Artist Collective on the 13th of October. After that I have a winter small art/ornament show with Hudson and Hughes Gallery, and I'd also like to finish a painting for a collab I'm doing with a very awesome artist. In the new year I will also have an original painting available at Sally Centigrade gallery.

There's so much to look forward too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...