Friday, July 15, 2016

Pegasus Watercolour Painting

Hello everyone!

I've created a new piece for the original art auction happening over on the Femme Thou Art Collective's facebook page, on July 21st @5pm EST.

As a group, we, the artists of the collective, decided that with all the hate in the world, we needed a theme this month that would that would celebrate life and love, and solidarity with the LGBT community. What better symbol than the rainbow?

I've portrayed all the colours of the rainbow in this little missy's hair, which goes from bottom to top in the order of ROY G BIV, which stands for the colours of the rainbow in order. The unicorn horn, which I've portrayed in other works before, was inspired this time around after binge-watching and stalking Audra Auclair's youtube channel and instagram (seriously she is amazing!!).

I've also created a video of my painting process for this piece, which is up on youtube for you to watch.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...