Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pierced by an arrow

I've been really trying to improve my work (as we artists do), and I decided it was time to try using a photo reference for a painting. I don't usually do this because I struggle with drawing from life/photographs, but I really want to push my art and grow as an artist. I used a beautiful photo reference by Aimee Stock on deviant art.

This piece was inspired by a few things. The first is Mucha and art nouveau of course, with the thick outlines and separations in the hair. The second, is the works of Gwen d'Arcy. I recently discovered her artwork and am in awe. It's so beautiful!

Anyway, she's available for adoption, so send me a message if you are interested. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...