Saturday, July 9, 2016

Frida


I've always wanted to create a piece inspired by Frida Kahlo. She lived such an interesting, and in a lot of ways stormy life. She contracted polio, got in a bus accident and among other injuries lost her ability to have children, as well as had infamous love affairs.

During her life she painted several self portraits, which was where I drew most of my inspiration. She is often depicted with animals on her shoulders, flowers in her hair, and her trademark unibrow. 

I've submitted this piece to a call for art at Hinovations Gallery, so let's hope she gets accepted for the exhibition! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is read and appreciated! I love hearing your thoughts! :)
Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...